Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 83: The Case of the Missing Microwave

22 novembre 2009 (Day 83)
Today I was up bright and early to catch the tram to church since Armelle wasn’t going today. I read in Preach My Gospel chapter 3 during the ride. There were lots of fantastically crazy people on the tram and out of it today…the conductor yelling at some old lady, drunk sleeping hobos, crazy people yelling, etc. I walked the rest of the way to church with Cody, such a gentleman. He moved me over so I wasn’t the one walking closest to the street (those buggies might splash me you know!).
Church was good. I listened to the talk that our lesson was on before going this morning and I apparently missed just about everything that we emphasized in the lesson. I went with Isabel and her investigator friend to the investigators class. We talked about the Holy Ghost. It was so great because I bore my testimony to her about the Holy Ghost, using Moroni 10:4-5, promising her that she could receive a confirmation of truth from the Holy Ghost if she was sincere and really wanted to. Yay for Preach My Gospel!
Cody and I had a nice time randomly singing the English verses to the hymns and listening to the speakers (or at least I listened, Cody doesn’t speak much French, that is to say like none). Afterwards I ate lunch with everyone and had a long [mentally] choir practice. Everyone was arguing as usual and we sounded awful. At least the choir director gives directions to Elder Baker (the new missionary) in English now. I got a ride home and have just been chilling in my room like usual.
I made the most amazing dinner: scrambled eggs with cheese and tomatoes and toast. I actually made it into a Budgemyster (put the scrambled eggs on the toast more like a sandwich). I love America. That was some yummy food. Did I mention that our microwave disappeared, which renders the kitchen practically useless. I’m not sure if it got stolen, taken away because we left it dirty, or if it is broken. I enjoy imagining that someone took it to their room or even better the evil cleaning ladies had it with tomato sauce in the microwave and they took it away. I find those explanations more exciting than the more probable it broke explanation (but you never know).