30 novembre 2009 (Day 91)
Our teacher went at the pace of lightning today trying to fit in everything she could possibly teach us about phonetics the very last minute. That being said, we worked on the difference between [s] and [z], [b] and [v], [ch] and [S]. It was mostly for the hispanophones and vietnamophones. We also got our grades today. I got 18/20 in phonetics! Afterwards I had lunch at the Pole Etudiant with a bunch of kids from IRFFLE while listening to some great music. Then the music got awful. I froze my butt in our rearranged [for theatre] writing class where we ended up spending 60 minutes going over the correct answers to a test and the other 60 answering questions about the oral exam we are having. We never get to grammar.
I was so cold that I came home and put on my thermals, a hoodie, and my jacket, had a snack and studied for my art history test. In art history today we spent one hour learning about neoclassicism and then had an essay test. I think it went all right.
I went to the store and bought some fruits and veggies and some awful French version of Kix. France definitely can’t do cold cereal like we do. I went for a run on the track in the dark while a class was having a workout. Frenchies are pansies. My all time favorite overdressed for running outfit (I had on a long sleeve shirt and shorts): running tights, a ladies hat (not a beanie), a marshmallow jacket with fur [that covered one’s rear], giant fleece gloves, and a scarf. Weak sauce. Afterwards I came home, showered, and have a fantastic dinner which included the tomato sauce-rice-meatball in a tomato creation that Afton gave me. It was quite delicious. I’m planning on going to bed early to ward off my cold and sleep because we have a performance tomorrow!

