29 novembre 2009 (Day 90)
Ahh, blessed Sunday. Today Relief Society and Priesthood were combined. We were talking about the question, “What can I do to strengthen the ward?” This quickly turned into an animated debate on using brother/sister versus first names. It was quite eventful although the brethren would have been embarrassed. We talked about being of the world and not in it in Sunday School, and I was falling asleep in Sacrament meeting, so I don’t have any exciting notes from that. After eating my lunch while another lively debate was going on: Is the tram safe? Why is it always men? …There was a man-hater arguing with the men about what would happen if someone was getting attacked on the tram. It was quite fun to listen, but then I had to go to my tithing settlement interview. It was…different. I said the opening prayer in English, the bishop asked me if I paid a full tithe (yes) then if I knew what he said (yes). He then proceeded to ask me how life was and tell me that I need to be a self-propelled engine when it comes to the church here and have family home evening with myself to better keep the commandments, etc. It was interesting seeing as the church is all about family and the ward family. He also told me I should ask the RS president for a visiting teaching assignment (never mind him asking). Like I said, it was different. I never thought I’d get chastised for not having a specific family home evening (he didn’t think that my reading the scriptures, listening to church talks, etc. counted).
We have started singing Christmas songs in choir. Some of them sound a lot better than others. Tonight I had some delightful pumpkin soup. I put peas and rice in it and it was really tasty. I had it with the artesian bread that I bought yesterday. Yum!

