Sunday, November 29, 2009

Day 86: No One Sees The Video



25 novembre 2009 (Day 86)
I went running this morning in the rain. It was kind of neat because you could hear the rain hitting the ground, but I couldn’t feel it.
Today we had a fairly interesting conversation about the movie we watched in culture class, a film titled, “Entre les Murs.” After a leisurely lunch with Karen and Nana (gotta love it: A North American in Europe having lunch with an African and a South American). Afterward Nana insulted my big butt (apparently Karen thinks Nana’s butt is big and she was like no look at Mari’s it is totally bigger or something like that) we went to the library and attempted to do homework before another day of getting Annick off subject.
Afterwards I went home and had some couscous with chickpeas, peas, and my first shot at homemade curry. Boy was it strong! Luckily, I had some delicious Clementines for Corsica to tame the flame. I went to a play by an English author, Martin Crimp, which I did not understand very well. It was called, "No One Sees the Video." It was about this lady who questions people regarding their consumption. It wasn’t that I didn’t understand what they were saying, the actors had superb articulation, it was more the story. It was pretty weird. I still haven’t quite figured it out (like what video?).