11 novembre 2009 (Day 72)
Today was Armistice Day, so there was no school. Armistice Day (Also known as Remembrance Day) is to commemorate when there was the signing of an Armistice (between Germany and the Allies) on the “eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month” in 1918 during World War I.
To commemorate the holiday I stayed up way to late last night and still woke up early [8 am]. I headed off on a run to the woods. I got lost for about 20 minutes trying to find the woods, and don’t ask how because I don’t know. What can I say, it is a gift. It was definitely worth the 20 minute detour. I found some gorgeous areas that literally took my breath away. I stopped dead in my tracks and stared. I brought my camera to take photos, but my batteries died before I could snap one shot of heaven. Next time… I have come to the conclusion that older skinny men and older ladies run in France. There is no one my age running, and there are very few people in shorts like me. And I am sure I am the only girl in shorts, so it causes quite the scandal when I go running in shorts and a t-shirt and not running tights, a long sleeve shirt, and a jacket (It was in the 40s- totally warm those crazy folks!). Everyone needs to come to France, if only to go running in the forests with the muddy trails covered with leaves, the hundreds of trees, and the random ancient buildings you run into.
Since then I’ve been doing homework, other random chores such as telling the secretary that my heater doesn’t work, sipping tea to stay warm, and making pasta that tastes like pizza (it’s magical!). Tomorrow I’m going to a French high school, it should be exciting.

