8 novembre 2009 (Day 69)
I had an early start to get to stake conference in Angers, France. My Sunday School teacher, Soeur LaPorte (Sister “Door”) and her husband gave Hannah and I a ride since it is at least an hour away by car. The seats were really comfy, it all looked quite mod, and the speakers put me to sleep. It was partially because I couldn’t understand everything, partially because it was boring, and partially because there were 8 speakers in a row when on the program they only listed four. Life went a lot better after the intermediate hymn 30 minutes before the ending. The general authorities (who I can understand when they speak) spoke about why they love the church. The same guy from yesterday told a really neat story about prayer when his family was stuck at a border the authorities weren’t letting them cross. He told us that everyone has his place, that we need the Holy Spirit and that we need to really pray and pray for things that are specific to each day, God willing.
After conference I talked with Cody Allen about his latest adventures outside of France. For a boy who goes to school in France, I dare say that he is out of the country more than in it. He has his plans for December: boarding in the Alps, Christmas in Jerusalem, New Years in NYC, skiing in Utah and then driving back to San Diego. Oh to be young and have money! I also talked to the cutest little greenie. The missionaries switched in Nantes, so Elder Tanner Staples is the only one I know. The greenie, bless his heart, has been out for 2 weeks now, but seems to be doing alright. He is from Spanish Fork Utah and is really excited to be in France and loves it so far. He studied French in junior high and high school for the same reasons as me. It will be fun to have new missionaries and it was good talking to him about French and life and adjusting to France.
We drove home and Hannah slept again while I talked to the LaPortes. They are really nice people and they said they’d like to come and see me in the play which we will be performing in December. Now I am just catching up on journal entries and editing pictures from Sweden.
I was taking a break from journal writing and fell asleep reading Harry Potter. I made some yummy pesto pasta and talked to John the Scot again. I invited him to a church activity but he has class. I discovered the joy of Teen Girl Squad, so I am still behind on journal entries and the internet isn’t letting me get on my blog. I apologize for my tardiness, I’ll catch up one day!

