Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 92: The Play!





1 decembre 2009 (Day 92)
Today was our first play performance! I tried to sleep in since I didn’t have anything until the play, but I didn’t sleep very well last night. I had breakfast, did some random things on my to do list, took a little nap, and was thinking about who knows what when I got a call from Tiana (18, Brazilian with French grandparents.. a cute little thing) in my theatre class asking where I was! Apparently we were supposed to be there at 10:30 and not 12:30. I changed and went to the TU to have a run through of the play. It went really well. I then had a Panini with ham, cheese, onions, and potatoes (yes potatoes). It was yummy for my tummy. After lunch I went back to the TU, changed and performed! At first we thought there would only be two spectators, but we had quite the crowd (in my opinion). I wasn’t too nervous and once I got started it was all go go show! Sadly not everyone had their best performance. It did make for some really entertaining lines. –He had a sword? >No. blah blah blah –He had a sword and 2 guns? >Yes. It was really fun to perform and felt good to be under the stage spotlight again (it has been a while). We had a little cast party after with juice boxes and an apple tart that Melanie brought.
We had three presentations in orale class today, so that is all we did. The kitchen on my floor doesn’t have a microwave, the floor’s kitchen above me is locked because the sink was dirty, so on the third try I found a kitchen that was open with a microwave to warm up my soup. For your information: pepper here is a lot stronger than in the states…it was spicy!