9 decembre 2009 (Day 100)
Wow! I’ve been in Europe for 100 days. That is pretty wild. My one hundredth day went as follows: I woke up, did yoga, read my scriptures, ate breakfast, changed my sheets, and went to take my last exam!
My last exam was an oral presentation. It went all right, although I do not feel that I did as well as I could have. Daniele Rialland was my examiner, so hopefully she was nice. I had to pick between an article and a comic. I chose the comic that talked about the de-evolution of mentalities regarding work.
I went to the art history department to try and find classes (schedules will be ready in January). I hung around and talked to some of my classmates while I waited around for Afton to take her exam (we were almost an hour behind by then). We then headed off to the RU for her first meal there! She liked it and I enjoyed my pizza.
For the rest of the day I’ve just been doing random odd clean up jobs while watching movies. I actually did start reading though. I started The Time Traveler’s Wife and didn’t like it. I made it through Where the Wild Things Are, but was very disappointed.
I ended up going into town tonight. I met up with some of the Seattle kids (April, Nathan, and Michael) and one of the IRFFLE teachers at Buck Mulligans, a popular Irish pub here in Nantes (don't worry I didn't drink and no one gave me flack about it). We just sat at our table and talked about France, politics, music, movies, climate change, everything. It was quite the stimulating conversation. We ended up talking until 2am until the bar was closing (before they kicked us out we sang a couple of songs [including the Beatles] with “the famous French band” who was seated next to us]. Afton and Jessica were supposed to come, but they never made it but we still had fun. I walked home with Michael and Nathan (the tram had stopped running a while ago). There were actually birds chirping, which was funny to me considering how early/late it was.

