Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 105: Le Petit Nicolas



14 decembre 2009 (Day 105)
Today I went on a nice quick run in the freezing cold. I did warm up once I got going but I did have on my tights, long sleeves, and mittens. My hip didn’t hurt as badly today running, so that was good. I spent the rest of the morning planning out my holiday vacation. I cooked the rest of my salmon (it was much better than the first time) and then I went to the other side of town to go and watch Le Petit Nicolas at the ‘cheap’ theatre (3,90 E for students). It was adorable! I really don’t mind going to movies by myself, and this film was so great. There were about five other people in the theatre that I laughed along with at this cute story about a little boy who thinks his parents are going to have a baby and he doesn’t want a little brother, so he tries to find a ‘gangster’ to kidnap the baby and it was splendid. Le Petit Nicolas is based off the famous children’s books here in France. I haven’t read the books, but I thought that the movie was hilarious and really cute.
Before the film I had some time to kill so I went to E.Leclerc and bought some Christmas chocolates for my family and some ‘bouche de Noel’ to try out. These are ‘Christmas cake logs’ that they have around Christmas time. They have a hidden almond or something like that inside and if it is in your piece you get to be king for the day! Or at least I think that is what happens. If not, I am lying, but it sounds good.
Mathilde canceled (AGAIN! Grrr) so I spent that time planning some more. Brooke and I decided that we are taking a road trip to Monaco while we are down in Southern France. I’m totally stoked to say the least. For dinner I got a great traditional baguette and had it with an orange cheese called minorette or something like that. I love France!