Friday, December 25, 2009

Day 115: Christmas Eve Spanish Style

Prefects exist, and not just in Harry Potter!
Just a sample of what we had for Christmas Eve dinner.
Daniel, Christmas crackers, and mussels!


24 Decembre 2009 (Day 115)

Today was another day out on the town. We went around with Commando Fernando to do errands and shopping. I got some peanuts for Brooke and I in Southern France and some Reese’s Pieces for Daniel and me. We had Chorizo (Spanish sausage) sandwiches for lunch and then we watch Harry Potter 5 and got ready for dinner, shining silver, cleaning plates, peeling carrots, and dressing up. I dressed up in my new gray skinny jeans and turquoise cardigan.

Dinner was quite the event! Everyone dressed up and we had a feast! First things first: Christmas Crackers! They are a lot of fun, they have little crowns in them, a joke, and a prize. I got a mini phonebook and a lovely purple crown. There was sparkling grape juice and crackers with things like smoked salmon, anchovies, caviar, foie gras, brie, chili cheese, and olives. We had Isabel’s soup afterwards which was delicious. It was Sam’s first time having celery even though his dad is a chef! Next came the mussels! We had mussels in tomato and in white sauce. The main course was more like a million! For meat there was: a giant salmon, 2 geese, and lamb. They were all really good. Goose tastes like chicken and roast beef mixed, and Mama Ines knows how to cook lamb (with mint). It was the softest lamb I’ve had. For vegetables there was: brussel sprouts with pine nuts and bacon, carrots, sweet potatoes, and parsnips, and potatoes.

We talked quite a lot after dinner and then we played sports on the Wii and The Brain Academy as well. We all got to bed pretty late. But before bed Daniel left Father Christmas a sweet note with milk and a minced meat pie.

It was a great Christmas Eve. I had a lot of fun.