28 Decembre 2009 (Day 119)
Today Brooke and I slept in until around 9:30. I had a lovely warm shower and then had hot chocolate in a bowl (all the kids were doing it) and some bread. Brooke and I did some cleaning. Everyone disappeared until lunchtime so Brooke wrote her paper and I made some flash card games for Antoine, who is ten and super hyper. For lunch we had lentils and this awful white sausage meat stuff made with cognac (a brandy named after the town). The neighbor brought it over, but no one really liked and/or ate it.
After lunch the girls sketched and did some water coloring, Antoine painted, I played the guitar, and Brooke worked on her paper. The girls are great artists. We played lots of English learning games with Antoine. I also pirated some great French music from them. What can I say, cds cost 20 euros here (around 29 $). I helped to make some delicious soup for dinner that we ate after we waited a long time for the parents to come back from the neighbors. Meanwhile we watched two episodes of Veronica Mars and munched on bread, cheese, and fruit.
Did I mention that there is a rock climbing wall? In the living room. It is pretty tight. Brooke and I sleep down in the basement. It is actually fully equipped. They used to rent it out. But it has a mini kitchen/living room, bedroom with two beds, bathroom, shower, and washer.
Now it is almost midnight and we are watching House in French on the telly. What a life!

