3 decembre 2009 (Day 94)
Hurray for me! I wrote my last writing paper today. I also went and talked to my ISEP coordinator. She is…interesting. But we got things resolved and she told me a funny story about her husband buying a 100 euro smoked ham for Thanksgiving. Afterwards we had a little lunch party for everyone in my grade/level (C1). There were some really yummy tarts (not the sweet kind) and Annick snuck in wine. It was pretty funny in class afterwards; she was hiding the bottle in her giant purse. In writing we had a speed course and tried to go over a lot of things.
After class I watched The Lion King in French. It was great! A lot of the phrases were actually the same as the ones in our play. I really liked it though; thank you youtube!
I went to the IRFFLE party a little early tonight so that I could play Juan’s guitar. I was playing on the stairs and some stranger came up and was telling me how well I played, asked if I had a band, told me I could make money, and then that he would be my drummer. Long story short Juan and my professor, Daniele convinced me to play the guitar and sing in front of everyone at the party. I sang/played Viva la Vida (by Coldplay) on Juan’s classical guitar. I guess theatre has made me less shy, because I wasn’t nearly as nervous as when I had to play for Mike Christiansen, my guitar teacher for my final. And he was 99 less people! I messed up a bit, but not too bad and I got some compliments and lots of applause, so it couldn’t have been that terrible. Rachel came out with me to warm up, it was nice of her since she was sick and holding my food fork, lol. I was the very first act and it took us a while to get the mikes working, but yeah, it wasn’t too bad. Lots of Americans afterwards were like I didn’t know that you could sing/play so well. Mike was right, if you know a little bit you can impress a lot those who don’t know about the guitar. The rest of the party was all right. Not a lot of people brought food this time which was a little disappointing, but there were some other people who performed (poetry, skits, and music). I left early because I felt my voice slowly departing (you had to yell to communicate due to the music), but I heard that the rest of the party was a success.

