21 Decembre 2009 (Day 112)
I’ve been dreaming of a white Christmas and I am getting it! It snowed a lot (for England). Therefore after breakfast (I had toast, clementines, and hot cocoa. Daniel had cake and juice.) Daniel, the parents, and I went out to play in the snow. We had snowball fights and made a swell snowman. He had olive eyes and a carrot nose. Elena, Izzie, and I met up with Jess (Elena’s friend) and Joanna (Isabel’s) to do some Christmas shopping in Chorley. We went to a bunch of different stores and checked out different odds and ends. We got hot cocoa that cost an arm and a leg (like 4 US dollars) but it was well good. It was really cold and slushy so we just meandered into different stores until it was time for dentist appointments. My favorite thing that I found were “snog me senseless mints.” Elena and Jess found some pants that they BOTH fit into and we found glasses that looked well good on us. I also love all the cards here. They are all adorable and have them for everything. Christmas cards for: couples, boyfriends, nieces, daughters, sons, girlfriends, grandparents, etc. and they are all super cute.
All 4 people were done in 30 minutes. Here the dentist doesn’t take x-rays or clean your teeth. He just looks at them (which is probably why the English are known for having terrible teeth). We came home and had jacket potatoes. This is an English baked potato that you can have with things like: cheese, cottage cheese, tuna fish and mayo, pinto beans, olives, beef. They were quite good actually.
Afterwards we had a really nice FHE about Christmas. Daniel and I made peanut butter chocolate rice krispies with M&Ms (called Smarties) on top. They are okay, but not as good as scotcheroos. I’ve been looking up helpx places to stay in February and paying attention to 5% of Titanic, which the girls are watching.

