18 decembre 2009 (Day 109)
This morning I woke up around 8am and did my yoga and scripture reading. My hip adductors are still a little sore from my wild hike in Ireland. Hopefully my Christmas break from running (I didn’t bring my shoes because I highly doubted that I would go) will give them ample break to repair.
I ate breakfast with Ines (mother) and Fernando (father). La tostada (toast) and cereal! I am working on learning some Spanish while I am here. After breakfast we went out and did some shopping. Ines and Fernando are really funny. They are one of those couples that one gets mad and the other laughs and that is how they show their affection. Ines was quite mad at Fernando because he poked a hole in a package that she was sending to her son on a mission. Fernando was just laughing. We listened to some great older Christmas music and went into Preston. It is a pretty big city and quite quaint. We went to Toys ‘R Us and Borders. The Borders here is going out of business so everything was really inexpensive. I bought some cards and a little how to learn Italian book. Afterwards we went to Subway and got lunch.
After a turkey sandwich, a cookie, and lemon-lime water we went and picked up Daniel from school. Daniel is 8-years-old and sometimes a little quiet, but he is a really nice cute kid. I taught him how to play the bingo car game and we played that while we went to a couple of grocery stores. We bought pizza for dinner and made that after all of our shopping. We had a lovely (all food is ‘lovely’ or ’nice’ here) salad with it and some root beer, which half of them hate because it tastes like a certain medicine here.
Ines and Fernando had choir practice, so Daniel and I stayed home and watched his favorite movie, Transformers, with popcorn and some of his favorite gummy candy. Elena (16) and her friend Jessica wrapped presents instead of watching the movie with us. Daniel fell asleep during the movie (he’s been sick). After the movie all the girls played Christmas songs with chimes. It was a lot of fun and Fernando played with us once he came back from teaching with the missionaries. After playing Elena and I (Jessica had to go home) had her parents tell us about how they got married. You see, Ines has her heart set on Isabel, her oldest daughter marrying her oldest son’s best friend who is leaving on a mission soon. They both like each other but Isabel doesn’t want to wait for him. It will be fun to see them together. After our lovely story we all went to bed.

