2 decembre 2009 (Day 93)
Oh how my days are always full of good intentions. I was going to write my paper this morning, but Jeff D. from USU ended up asking me a bunch of questions about study abroad and such. I did get to go to the store and buy some yogurt and fromage blanc, vanilla flavored. It is super!
Fromage frais (also known as fromage blanc) is a dairy product, originating from Belgium and the north of France. The name literally means "fresh cheese" (with fromage blanc meaning "white cheese"). Pure fromage frais is virtually fat free, but cream is frequently added to improve the flavor,. Fromage frais can be served either as a dessert similar to yogurt, frequently with added fruit, or used in savory dishes. It is often served with honey in restaurants, as fromage blanc au miel. Never a day without Wikipedia.
After a culture class of discussing the educational system [again] I had lunch and then rather unsuccessfully searched for secretaries. Living in France with a different educational system has given me a huge appreciation for the commitment to quality and facility we have in the US, like at Utah State. I am so proud (now) that I go to a university where things are organized, that I can easily get help, the internet works everywhere, where there is always toilet paper in the bathrooms which always contain more than two stalls, drinking fountains, and school spirit.
That being said, we learned about the gerondif in writing. I came home and had the last of my stuffed tomato from Afton while I talked to Mischa, my French buddy who I don’t ever really see. After I talked to Mischa I ran into John, my Scottish friend. We talked a little bit and I ate some fromage blanc while he had his dinner.
I was just beginning to do my homework when the magical sound of my phone penetrated my ear drums. Alas, a call to go ice skating! I changed and went with a rather large group of mostly Seattle-ans to go ice skating at Petite Porte. It was a lot of fun. They had disco lights and club music. It was under 5 euros including rentals, which isn’t too bad. I am getting better at ice skating backwards and I practiced twirling. We ice skated until 11:30pm when it closed and then came back to Fresche-Blanc and went to bed in our respective rooms.

