Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 114: Blackpool

Mari and Elena!
Maid Izy and Sam Hood
English Tea!

23 Decembre 2009 (Day 114)
Today was a nice day. Fernando, Ines, Isabel, Daniel, and I went to the market to get some salmon for Christmas. Afterwards we went shopping. We went to several different shops like pound shops, an entertainment store, and my favorite, Pricemark. Pricemark is like an even more inexpensive H&M. I got a cardigan, my first pair of skinny jeans (eek! But only for 7 pounds), and some shoes for 2 pounds that are really popular in France. I found some presents for Amber and I found some turquoise tights for 50 pence that I am pretty excited about as well.
It was really cold and slushy outside so we went into a fish and chip shop to have lunch. I had my first fish and chips and mushy peas! I had cod fish and it was actually quite good, as were the mushy peas. I definitely couldn’t eat all that fried goodness on a daily basis. Another popular thing here is chips with gravy! My life is average: For twenty years I’ve thought that mince pies have meat. Today I found out some enlightening news. Mince pies are dessert with fruit in them, they do not contain meat. And Yorkshire pudding, it isn’t pudding at all.
After shopping for a while we came back home and Isabel, Elena, and I met up with Sam, Luke, Josh (Luke’s brother), and Michael (a boy who Elena likes). We took the train to Blackpool, the Las Vegas of England. It was alright, but most of the things were closed and my toes were freezing. I was wearing 3 pairs of socks and Elena’s Wellys. Luke the puke was being weird so we kept reminding him about his 30-year-old girlfriend with a child in Colombia. They ate a KFC (I couldn’t do fried foods twice in one day) and then we went and played at an arcade. I didn’t play any games, but I watched Luke spend all his pounds playing Deal or No Deal and some of the boys play racing games. With the tickets they won we bought some candy and a little pirate set for Daniel since he couldn’t come. It has a hook, an eye patch, and a dagger.
Sam came home with us and is sleeping over the next couple of days. We stayed up a little bit eating clementines and talking, but I went to bed when they had hot chocolate. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve day!