Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 104: Primary Program

13 decembre 2009 (Day 104)
Today was the first REALLY cold day here in Nantes. And naturally, I had to take the tram to church so I put on my thermals, running tights, and THEN my skirt. I had on five layers up top and was still a little chilly while waiting 25 minutes outside for the next tram. The Elders and Cody said I looked like an Eskimo. This was my last Sunday with Elder Tanner Staples (who will be going home this month) and Cody Allen (who is going to Jerusalem for Christmas and then home). It will be sad to not have them at church anymore, but I do have good news! Armelle, Isabel’s friend from work that is interested in the church that I have gotten to bear my testimony to is going to be baptized next year! I am so excited. It caused quite the scandal in Relief Society though because some people don’t think that she is ‘ready’ because she hasn’t come a lot. In Sunday School we continued our discussion on the Proclamation to the World on Families. It was a really nice lesson and afterwards our teacher gave us some Christmas candy! Today was the Primary Program in Sacrament meeting and they were adorable! I think little French kids giving talks are even cuter than American children. They were just all so adorable and the songs were so fun to hear in French. There was the cutest little cross-eyed boy who was facing the microphone sideways so that he could have his paper up to his nose to read it.
Today after church at our weekly picnic-lunching this cute old lady in the ward shared some of her homemade pear tarte with me that was delightful. Stephen and I planned a cookie making day next year so I can show him the American secrets, lol. I sluffed choir today since I won’t be there to sing any of the songs and then I went home early and watched the Christmas Devotional online twice. What a great Sabbath!