25 Decembre 2009 (Day 116)
HAPPY CHRISTMAS! Today was Christmas and I slept in the latest I have ever slept in for Christmas. I woke up around 8h30/9h00. Before we opened presents, we sang a song, had a prayer, and read a story about Christmas in the Americas way back when Jesus was born. I thought it was very nice, but it was a mad torture for the kids who were sitting by their pile of neatly wrapped gifts. Once we were done it was a mad dash of opening gifts. Everyone can open them at the same time, so I just watched with the parentals until it died down and then I opened some of my gifts. Yes, they got me gifts! Daniel got me the cutest hair things and Izy bought me a necklace. Elena bought me a hot chocolate mug and some swell body spray that smells like mangos and Mama Ines & Papa Fernando got me candy, a toothbrush, a loofa, a book, British socks, and a scarf. They even got me the bestest pens ever, I love them! Everyone got lots of gifts and was quite pleased. Pretty much everyone (except Daniel) got perfume, lol. At least now we will all smell good.
After opening gifts we had French toast and then played with the new games. The most popular was playing the new games on the Wii. It was quite hilarious to see everyone dancing to the tunes and such. Sam boxed Fernando for Isabel and won, lol. We sat around the table and sang song from Elena’s new guitar book, which was a lot of fun. We sang songs like Tears in Heaven and More Than Words. We had crackers with foie gras, cheese, capers, cavier, etc. for lunch. There were also whole crabs to eat! I tried some, they taste good, but I do not like that you have to get the meat out of their exoskeleton….yuk! Elder Adrian called home around 3 pm and talked to everyone. We watched Twilight (I made fun of it. That movie really is ridiculous) and played more on the Wii.
We had lovely leftovers for dinner. I had my first Yorkshire pudding. Which isn’t pudding. Or a dessert. It is a bread thing that you have with gravy. It is really good though. We had stuffing balls and cream cheese in philo dough as well. We then played the dancing game more. It is so funny to see everyone dancing to the music. We had raspberry trifle for dessert and have just been hanging out doing our own things, like packing. I don’t want to leave tomorrow, I’ve had so much fun here!

