
6 decembre 2009 (Day 97)
Today was a perfectly wonderful Sunday. We had choir practice at 8:30. In Relief Society we talked about what constitutes a good visiting teacher, we talked about The Proclamation to the World in Sunday School, and had a nice testimony meeting which started off with me saying the opening prayer. It was quite the disaster in my opinion. I couldn’t find the words I wanted to say, nor was my pronunciation of the French words correct. Oh well. It was a fun sacrament because the bread was, well toast! They sell “toast” here (it is already crunchy) so as soon as the boys started breaking the bread the crunching and giggling began. It made for quite the memorable time.
We had a relatively mellow choir practice. I actually take that back. Some of the boys were throwing a Power Rangers action figure. Afterwards I met up with Afton at the Chateau des Ducs de Bretagne to go to the museum in the castle since it was free today. The museum was incredible. We didn’t even get through all of it. They had a most impressive computer program showing the area in the past and today. It was like a video game and Afton was quite enthralled.
I came home, and Sterling was kind enough to cut my hair. She is an English major minoring in French from Seattle. I sort of messed up the back last time I went on a hair cutting rage, so she fixed it and did a great job. She also informed me about the wonderful world of fastpasstv.com . I am now happily watching Julie and Julia. It is making me want to cook my way through a cookbook, except I couldn’t do it here, nor could I afford to cook through a cookbook, although I would love to!
Can I just say that they have terrible French accents, it is so cute! I made some French toast since I had one fresh French egg left. It was quite delicious with my jam (nevermind maple syrup). What a perfect day!

