Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 113: Preston Temple

Elena, Jess, Daniel, and Luke
Two Best Friends
The Preston Temple (I love the perfect trees!)


22 Decembre 2009 (Day 113)

All of us children slept in today while mama and papa went to the temple. I woke up before the other kids so I had a lovely breakfast to myself listening to music, talking to friends from Utah (no idea why they were up at 3am their time). I had some wicked white hot chocolate, clementines, and toast with blueberry jam and apricot jam. Commando Fernando came and picked up Isabel and I and we all went to do baptisms together at the temple. It felt so much like home to be there (especially the ride there with all the snow). It was a really quiet day at the temple, but it was nice. The workers talked to us a lot. One of them was telling us about her perfect granddaughter, lol. We each got to do twenty names. Their font area was gorgeous! There isn’t the glass around the font so it is just the marble with lights acting like stars above. It is really nice. Apparently President Hinckley served in Preston, so he has a soft spot for the area and took particular attention in the building of this temple. They have one of the few fonts that has 12 full-bodied oxen.

After the temple we came home and played in the snow! Isabel made a lovely snow woman and we all made snow angels. Jess was there and Luke came over. We had a snowball fight and slid on the ice in the road. We got cold so we came inside and played Twister. That didn’t last very long so then we decided to watch Ten Things I Hate About You and eat chocolate and Doritos for lunch (yes, I am terribly healthy here. :P ). Luke the Puke was trying to be a flirt even though he has a girlfriend from Colombia. Who is a single 30-year-old mother. Anywho, Izy got upset sometime and has been shut up for most of the day since. When the parents came home they got mad at Elena because Izy was upset and I got in the middle of a little bit of it and it has just been terribly awkward. They were all yelling at each other in Spanish with me, Luke, and Jess just sitting in the living room having no idea what was going on.

All the friends stayed over for tomato soup, hamburgers and fries. Izy and Elena started laughing which led to crying from laughing then really crying at the dinner table. I have never seen anyone eat a hamburger with tears running down their face. But anyway, after dinner we cleaned up and then I taught Elena some songs on the guitar. We had a lot of fun playing around.

I talked to my family on google chat for a wee while. The family was having a big fight downstairs, so Daniel came up and talked with me online. We had fun talking to them. Afterwards Dan and I had milk and peanut butter cookies and then a teeth brushing party.

My life is average: I’ve been using the girls lotion, only to realize today that it is body wash.