Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 106: Goodbye Afton

It has a nice ring to it...
Chocolate Almond Crepe
Galette Royale
Afton Tyler, my fine friend

15 decembre 2009 (Day 106)
Oh the glory days. Today is mine and Afton’s last day in France together. Imaginary tears were shed. We went to this fantastic creperie on a boat called, “Des Ronds dans l’Eau.” I got a ‘galette royale’ (buckwheat crepe with emmental cheese, ham, mushrooms, and egg) and a chocolate-almond crepe with orange juice. We were pretty stoked to be eating on the boat that we always go by on the tram and think, “Hey, it would be cool to eat there.” And it was cool.
On the way back the tram got stopped by a manifestation. There were some protestors walking on the tramway route so the conductor told us to be patient and Afton said, “We’ve been stopped by a manifestation!” It was quite memorable. The protestors reminded me of sheep that you have to wait to get out of the road. It was then that Afton starting doing a sheep imitation and I was laughing rather loudly.
There was some fantastic graffiti on campus today. I went to go print off my tickets and itinerary (which took forever do to the nice young man who looked like the main dude from Princess Bride, but that should have been a cowboy). I leave tomorrow for Dublin- all by myself! It will be an adventure since I am directionally challenged. I am all packed up now (1 bag for 1 month) and I did my ‘spring cleaning’ which included mopping the floor. It looks so clean now (unlike the water). I suppose if I should clean it with soap and water more than three times next semester…
Oh! I forgot to tell write that I went to see my grades yesterday. I passed level C1 at IRFFLEE. With 75% and you need a 50% to pass. In French terms this is not too shabby.